Bengaluru: A 16 year old boy suffered serious burn injuries after being electrocuted while trying to take a selfie atop a goods train. The boy accidentally touched the overhead cable hanging over the goods train and got an electric shock.
The incident took place at the railway tracks near Jokatte Road Number 04 in Karnataka’s Mangaluru. The teenager, identified as Mohammed Dishan, climbed on the top of a stationary goods wagon in order to take a selfie. He came in contact with the high-powered electrical lines overhead. Consequently, he was zapped by 25,000 volts, and was thrown off onto the railway line.
Dishan was immediately dashed to AJ Hospital in Mangaluru. He is being administered treatment in the emergency ward of the hospital and his condition is said to be critical, according to a report published by Mangalorean.
The local police, after receiving information, visited the spot and conducted inquiries. Furthermore, the inspector of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) visited the hospital to collect details of the injured teenager from his family members and medics.