4 Assam Rifles Jawan killed in Nagaland ambush | ULFA-I, NSCN-K claims responsibility



4 Assam Rifles Jawan killed in Nagaland ambush

The banned militant outfit United Liberation Front of Assam (Independent) (ULFA-I) on Monday claimed the responsibility of jointly launching the attack on the Assam Rifles with the SS Khaplang faction of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-K) in Mon district of Nagaland on Sunday.

ULFA-I, NSCN-K claims responsibility

In the press release, the ULFA-I stated: “In presence of the Truth and common cause of Liberation and to enhance the progress for the National Liberation Movement of WESEA, United Liberation of Asom [ULFA-Independent] and National Socialist Council of Nagaland/Government of People’s Republic of Nagaland, undertake a Joint Military Operation against the common enemy India. Under this, Joint Military Operation, a joint team attacked the 40 Assam Rifles and 164 TA (Naga) Bn of Indian Security Forces near Tenyak River, about 2 kms away from Aboi town under Mon district on Sunday afternoon 17 June 2018. In this attack the Joint team killed four soldiers and injured six or more and was able to recover some guns and weapons. We United Liberation Front of Asom [ULFA-independent] & National Socialist Council of Nagaland express our gratitude to the Joint Team for their bravery action against Indian Security Forces (sic)”.

Also read: Breaking: Assam Police ‘Spies” informed ULFA-I commanders about imminent raid

ULFA-I, NSCN-K claims responsibility for attack on Assam Rifles

The press release was signed by Major Arunudoy Asom, the self styled assistant information & publicity secretary of the ULFA-I.

On Sunday, the rebel outfits laid a trap at Aboi in Mon district of Nagaland near Indo-Myanmar border where four jawans of the 40th Assam Rifles were martyred; six others were injured and are reportedly in critical condition. The injured jawans are undergoing treatment in Jorhat.

Also read: Assam Police request Facebook to block ULFA-I’s new FB Profile

As per reports, the encounter took place around 2:30 pm on Sunday. The gun battles lasted for around an hour.

It may be mentioned that the NSCN-K, which is based in Myanmar, pulled out of a 15 year old ceasefire agreement with the Centre three years back.

Share it on

Leave a Reply