Guwahati: The Assam government issued a revised SOP, which sees further easing of its previous restrictions. The announcement made by the Health Minister of Assam, Keshab Mahanta, mentions about the night curfew timings being changed from 9 to 10 pm, that will remain until 5am in the morning.
The other guidelines issued by the Assam government are:
- The night curfew being extended from 9 to 10 pm will now allow all workplaces, shops and business establishments to remain open till 9 PM.
- Maximum 50 persons will be allowed to participate in a public gathering, if vaccinate with both doses.
- Now 200 persons will be allowed to attend marriage parties, only if all the attendees are fully vaccinated
- 60 persons who are fully vaccinated can be allowed to visit the famous religious places and 40 visitors at other religious places will be allowed per hour
- Bringing in a major relief for the owners of Cinema halls and cinema goers, the Cinema Halls will now reopen with 50 % audience and the audience should be fully vaccinated.
- Cinema halls should maintain COVID-19 protocols.
- The teachers and students who are fully vaccinated shall attend schools.
- The head of the educational institution should make sure that the teachers and students are fully vaccinated and a banner should be hanged in front of the schools.