New Delhi: A fire broke out in the Parliament premises, just before the start of Day 3 of the Winter session this morning.
The fire broke out at 8 am on Wednesday morning in room No. 59. A total of seven fire tenders reached the spot and brought the fire under control.
None have been reported injured in the fire incident, though the main reason behind the fire outbreak is yet to be ascertained.
It maybe mentioned here that a similar incident took place last year in August, when a fire had broken out in the annexe building of Parliament. The fire on the sixth floor of the Parliament building was caused by a short circuit.
The Winter Session of the Parliament commenced on Monday and is likely to conclude on December 23.
*It is a developing story. More details awaited.