Guwahati: The government of Assam has formed seven committees or sub-groups to bring overall development of Indigenous minorities in Assam.
The communities constituted by the Welfare of Minorities and Development Department will look into considerations on population stabilization, healthcare, cultural status, education, economic composition, skill growth, and women empowerment of the indigenous Assamese Muslim inhabitants of the State.
The decision came following an official program titled ‘ALAAP- ALOCHANA: Empowering the Religious Minorities, held at the Assam Administrative Staff College, Khanapara.
In the conference, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma communicated with over 150 leading indigenous Muslims from different departments and encouraged them to bring about the community’s overall growth.
The Padma Shri civilian, Dr. Illias Ali, will manage the sub-group on community stabilization. ACS officer KJ Hilaly will serve as the Member Secretary.
The former educator of BN College, Dhubri Akabor Ali Ahmed, Additional Superintendent of Tezpur Medical College & Hospital Dr. Tanwir Alam, and Journalist Sahabuddin Ahmed, will be committee members.
- Dr. Syed Iftikar Ahmed will be in the management of the health department.
- Senior Journalist Wasibir Hussain will head the committee on cultural identity.
- Dr. Adi lUl Yasin, a former professor of Dibrugarh University, will head the education department.
- Retired IAS officer Nafifa Ahmed will be the chairperson of the committee on financial inclusion.
- The council on skill improvement will be managed by the head of the Mechanical Engineering department of Dibrugarh Polytechnic Mujibur Rahman.
- Industrialist and lawyer Dr. Nazrana Ahmed will direct the committee on women’s empowerment.