spot_img
17 C
Guwahati
17 C
Guwahati
Saturday, November 27, 2021
HomeNationalDelhi’s Air quality deteriorates day by day, Kejriwal Prepares…

Delhi’s Air quality deteriorates day by day, Kejriwal Prepares…

New Delhi: The air quality in the national capital remained in the very poor category, with the Air Quality Index (AQI) striking the value of 344 on Thursday, said Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). Although the air quality remained in the same category, the AQI improved at 344 on Thursday compared to Wednesday’s index of 375.

In an attempt to clean the Yamuna river to make it a bathing standard by February 2025, Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal stated that the government had prepared a six-point plan on Thursday.

Additionally, the CM announced that the government is constructing new sewage treatment plants and increasing the capacity of the existing ones.

Also Read: What is the connection of Nehru-Vajpayee with a 200-year-old sweet shop?

Meanwhile, Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai said, “Delhi contributes only 31 per cent of its air pollution and the remaining 69 per cent of the pollution is contributed by regions outside Delhi.”

Without a joint action plan of the Centre, it is impossible to curb the pollution of Delhi, he added.

On Tuesday, the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) has directed Delhi schools to remain closed for a week from Monday onwards, allowing only online mode.

The decision came after a meeting with senior officials of Delhi and NCR states of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.

The Commission also directed Delhi and the NCR states to stop all the construction activities till November 21, except those engaged in Railways, metro rail corporation services, airports and the inter-state bus terminals and the national security-related services/ projects of national importance.

There would be no restriction on transport service; however, Trucks carrying non-essential items have been banned from entering the national capital till Sunday.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Watch latest Movies & TV Series on Prag Play

Most Popular