Mumbai : The Court here rejected Actor Alok Nath’s anticipatory bail in the rape case registered against him by screenwriter Vinta Nanda. The Dindoshi sessions court on Monday reserved the order on the application filed by Nath.
Alok Nath’s anticipatory bail rejected
The actor filed the bail application in the Mumbai court on December 14. The court on Monday allowed Nanda’s intervention application.
The advocate for the complaint told the publication that the bail was rejected as they also sought time to file an intervention, opposing Nath’s plea. The counsel further added that the matter had been adjourned in court till 20 December.
Alok Nath’s anticipatory Bail
The writer producer Vinta Nanda on 8th October accused Nath of raping her 20 years ago when she was working TV show “Tara” in a lengthy Facebook status. She had alleged that Nath sexually assaulted her on more than one occasion after he was fired from the 1993 show for misbehaving with its led actor Navneet Nishan.
The actor had filed the bail application in the Mumbai court on December 14. The court on Monday allowed Nanda’s intervention application. A ‘detailed written submission’ in connection with the case will be filed on December 26.
This time too, Nath was not present in the court. Nath’s counsel DN Goburdhan has said that, “Nanda is a writer who is creating a fairytale and the story of Alice in Wonderland”.