Bundi : In an utterly bizarre and shocking case reported from Bundi government hospital leaving surgeons stunned, a 42 year old man who had reached the government hospital for a stomach ache had to undergo an emergency surgery.
The surgeons conducted an X-ray of the patient and found 116 iron nails, long wire and an iron pellet lodged in the patient’s stomach.
Shocking! Man found with 116 nails in his stomach
The surgeons quickly operate upon the man and removed the materials from the patient’s stomach.
Dr Anil Saini, a surgeon at the hospital said, most nails measured 6.5 cm and it took an hour-and-a-half to remove the objects from the man’s body.
“I was stunned after noticing the objects in his X-ray report after which I recommended for a CT scan. That, too, confirmed the same after which the patient was operated upon on Monday, said Dr Saini.
Shocking revelation, man operated for stomach ache, found with 116 iron nails
The patient, identified a Bhola Shankar, had come for a medical check-up on Sunday following pain in the stomach for the last few days.
The condition of the patient is normal and he was speaking properly post operation, Dr. Saini further said.
The patient is unable to narrate as to how he happened to swallow such a huge quantity of objects. The iron nails could have proved fatal if any these had entered his intestine, the doctor added.
The patient worked as a gardener and his family members were also not able to tell as to how he swallowed the objects, the surgeon said.