Guwahati/ 30th April’2018 (Prag News Desk):
A missile attack in Syria’s northern region has claimed 26 pro-government fighters, mostly Iranians, said by a war correspondent settled in Syria.
Talking about the incident, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the late Sunday night attack seems to have been carries out by Israel and targeted an arms depot for surface-to-surface missiles at a base in northern Syria known as Brigade 47. The Observatory said four Syrians were also among casualties.
The death toll though may rise as 60 fighters from the Syrian side were grievously injured and many others are missing.
These constant attacks comes amid rising tensions between Iran and Israel following an airstrike earlier this month on Syria’s T4 air base in central province of Homs that killed seven Iranian military personnel. Tehran threatened to retaliate for the T4 attack.
Syria, Iran and Russia blamed Israel for that T4 attack. Israel did not confirm or deny it.
Israel Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said in an interview published last Thursday that his country will strike Tehran if attacked by archenemy Iran, escalating an already tense war of words between the two adversaries.