spot_img
20 C
Guwahati
20 C
Guwahati
Saturday, December 4, 2021
HomeRegionalLGBI Airport soon to resume international flights to six destinations

LGBI Airport soon to resume international flights to six destinations

Guwahati: International flights to six international destinations to resume soon from the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati.

The six places where international flights from the Guwahati airport will resume are Bangkok, Singapore, Dhaka, Yangon, Kathmandu and Kuala Lumpur.

Ude Desh ka Aam Nagarik (UDAN) scheme introduced these destinations under it previously. But, these were suspended due to inadequate passengers and due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.

Also Read:World Bank approves Rs 770 cr for Inland Water Transport department

Due to the losses incurred by inadequate passengers, these supposed flights were suspended, notified Assam Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary.

The Minister stated, “This time there will be no such discontinuation of international flights. Even if there are not enough passengers as the Government will be paying for the vacant seats under ‘Viability Gap Funding’. 90% of the amount will be funded by the Centre and the remaining 10% by the state government.”

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Watch latest Movies & TV Series on Prag Play

Most Popular