Children who play outdoor games are more likely to be active than those who stay indoors, and their social skills tend to improve.
Digital Desk: A sedentary lifestyle is one in which there is little or no physical activity. With the advent of technology, children rarely go outside to play or engage in any form of physical activity. Their lives have begun to revolve around screen time and sleep. As a result, they are less active than previous generations. Physical activity is directly proportional to a person's well-being. However, failing to act on the issue can have serious consequences for one's health.
Children who lead more sedentary lives spend more time in front of screens, which can be harmful to their health. Some of the issues that your child might experience are listed below:
1. It leads to an increase in their body fat
2. Their eyesight will get affected
3. Type 2 diabetes
4. Lack of sleep
6. Eating issues
7. Body dissatisfaction
9. Screen dependency disorder
The issues listed above can have serious consequences, which is why it is critical for your children to engage in outdoor activities. To change your children's negative lifestyle, you must prohibit them from using phones and instead send them out. What you need to know is as follows:
• Children who play outdoor games are more likely to be active than those who stay indoors, and their social skills tend to improve.
• They are more likely to have better psychosocial health and fewer relationship problems with their peers.
• It improves both brain structure and function
According to a study conducted by the National Library of Medicine, school health initiatives that encourage an active lifestyle among children and adolescents can significantly contribute to improving their health-related quality of life.