Guwahati: Here is some good news for the travel lovers. Meghalaya Government on Saturday released new standard operating procedures (SOP) for the reopening of state for tourists coming from other states. Earlier the government had released SOP for the reopening of Hotels dated August 26, 2021.
Additionally, the Meghalaya government has issued new SOP rules and guidelines for all the tourists visiting the state from outside. The SOP is subjected to all national and international visitors.
Prescribed conditions and terms for visitors into the state are as follows:-
1) Fully vaccinated tourists will be allowed in the state.
2) Single-dose vaccinated individuals need to provide a negative Covid Test certificate.
3) RAT test valid for tourists entering the state.
4) Symptomatic individuals are advised to avoid travelling.
5) Visitors need to register at Meghalaya portal or app for obtaining e-passes for entry into the state. Follow the link www. Meghalaya tourism.in.
6) All Tourist spots will be open for visitors under limited capacity issued by Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional officers.
7) Youngsters under 18 years can visit the state only with adults if the accompanied adults are permissible to enter.
For any queries, you can dial 91-7640003050 Meghalaya helpline number between 10 am to 8 pm on working days.