Guwahati: Assam Government is planning to further relax the lockdown rules with few modifications in the existing lockdown guidelines of the state. The details of the new lockdown modifications are given below:-
1) All permitted activities mentioned earlier orders to be allowed between 5 am and 9 pm from Monday to Friday.
2) Inter-district movement will now be allowed from Monday to Friday from the existing Mondays and Tuesdays.
3) Use of public transportation will be allowed subject to maintenance of all #COVID19 protocols and social distancing.
4) Night curfew timings have been relaxed and will now be in place from 9:30 PM to 5 AM.
5) Social/Political/Sports/Entertainment/Academic/Religious functions and other large congregations shall remain closed.
6) Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theaters, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places of public gatherings shall remain closed.
7) Weekend lockdown will strictly remain in place across Assam.
8) Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and public transport etc and any violation will attract a fine of Rs 1000 for the first offence.
The Assam Government’s order on relaxations and modifications in lockdown rules will come into force from 5 AM of August 16 and will remain valid till 9:30 PM of Aug 31, 2020.
Order likely to be issued by the Government on Thursday.