• Sania Mirza announces her retirement, 2022 will be her last 

    Sports
    Digital Desk: Indian tennis player Sania Mirza announced her retirement plan on Wednesday. The tennis star revealed that 2022 would be her last year to play. After her opening-round loss in the women's doubles event at the ongoing Australian Open, India's tennis superstar, Sania Mirza, revealed her retirement plan.  The 35-year-old player, after the match, stated, "There are a few explanations for it. It is not as simple as 'okay; I'm not going to play. I do feel my recovery is taking longer; I'm putting my three-year-old son at risk by touring so much with him; that's something I have to take into account." Sania Mirza added, "I think my body is wearing down. My knee was really aching today. I'm not stating that's the cause we loss the game. However, I do think that it is taking time to heal as I'm getting older." Also Read: GMC Raid: Two brokers held for collecting illegal tax in parking slots  "There are more days than there used to be where I don't feel like doing that. I've always said that I will play until I enjoy that grind, the process which I'm not sure I'm enjoying as much anymore," stated Mirza.  Sania Mirza also expressed her point for choosing this year and the season as her last year. She said why she wanted to continue playing this year.  "Owning that, I still want to play the season because I'm enjoying it sufficiently to play the year. I've toiled very hard to come back, get fit, lose weight and try to set a good example for mothers, new mothers to follow their dreams as much as they can. Beyond this season, I don't feel my body doing it. It's beat," she added. The Indian tennis player Mirza has won six Grand Slams and attained the summit of the WTA doubles ranking. Moreover, Sania Mirza is the first Indian to crack into the top 30 WTA singles ranking.  

    Weather Forecast