Google search engine
28 C
Guwahati
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Google search engine
HomeUncategorizedToll-Booth free soon: Govt to launch GPS-based collection at Highways soon

Toll-Booth free soon: Govt to launch GPS-based collection at Highways soon

New Delhi: In a major relief for commuters passing through the Toll-Booths on regular basis, the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and MSMEs Nitin Gadkari announced in the Lok Sabha today that the government is all set to roll out complete GPS-based toll collection within one year.

Also read: Not all banks will be privatized: Nirmala Sitharaman

The minister said that 93 percent of the vehicles pay toll using FASTag, but the remaining 7 percent have still not taken it despite paying a double toll. “I want to assure the House that within one year all physical toll booths in the country will be removed. It means that toll collection will happen via GPS. The money will be collected based on GPS imaging (on vehicles),” Gadkari said in the Lok Sabha during Question Hour.

Also read: ”Is baar bhoy nahi sirf joy,” says Modi at his campaign in Purulia, West Bengal

The minister has enjoined the police for an enquiry for those vehicles which do not pay toll using FASTags. There are cases of toll theft and GST evasion cases if FASTags are not fitted in vehicles.

RELATED ARTICLES

Today's Weather

Guwahati
mist
28 ° C
28 °
28 °
89 %
0kmh
75 %
Wed
34 °
Thu
33 °
Fri
31 °
Sat
31 °
Sun
31 °

Watch latest Movies & TV Series on Prag Play

Most Popular