World Heart Day is observed globally every year on September 29. This day is observed to create awareness among people regarding heart diseases, cardiac attacks, hypertension, and other related diseases.
According to the World Heart Federation, heart disease remains the number one killer that takes 18.6 million lives annually.
On average, as per the World Health Organisation (WHO), 17 million people die of heart diseases yearly – principal causes of death being coronary artery disease and stroke.
The day is a voice to create awareness among individuals concerning strokes, hypertension, stress, panic and other related diseases.
The theme of World Heart Day 2021 is ‘Use Heart To Connect.’ It aims to highlight the power of digital health to improve awareness, prevention, and management of CVD globally.
Some measures to take to control the risk of getting cardiovascular diseases:
2. Follow a healthy diet plan: This diet plan must include low fats and cholesterol consumptions. So, try eating more green vegetables, which are organic and fruits over fried meals. And, fiber is good for your cholesterol, and you’ll get vitamins the natural way from foods.
1. Control high blood pressure: Controlling blood pressure will reduce the chance of getting a stroke. Also, exercise and healthy eating less amount of salt help in controlling high blood pressure.
3. Maintain stress and hypertension level: Every individual goes through hypertension and stress. However, managing stress and hypertension reduces the risks of getting cardiovascular diseases.
4. Try getting quality sleep: Lack of sleep affects health as well. Individuals who don’t get sufficient sleep have a higher risk of obesity, high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes, and panic. Therefore, maintaining quality sleep is important for avoiding cardiovascular diseases.
5. Avoid smoking or use tobacco: One of the essential steps to avoid getting cardiovascular diseases is to stop smoking and taking tobacco. So, this step can keep your body active and healthy.
On this day, let’s take certain measures to build an active and healthy environment. Let us all use our hearts to connect with others and take good care.