Tinsukia: Several shops and properties worth lakhs were lost in a major fire outbreak in Assam’s Tinsukia district early this morning. The incident is being said to be have occurred at a market in Makum town, Tinsukia. A two wheeler garage is said to have turned into ashes completely following the fire outbreak.
Several fire tenders reached the spot to douse the fire and successfully managed to bring the fire under control. Although the real cause behind the fire outbreak is not yet ascertained. Locals doubt short circuit to be the reason behind the fire incident.
The fire started at a shop which later spread to the neighbouring shops thereafter. Authorities are taking stock of the situation and trying to ascertain the extent of losses incurred in the incident.