Guwahati: Fuel prices have been rising in an unprecedented manner. Assam hasn't lagged behind in this price race as well. Petrol price touched Rs 100/litre today as commuters are now facing the fire of the ever-increasing hike in fuel prices.
Petrol prices in Hailakandi have been turning more volatile, as prices of crude oil have been showing a firm trend.
The price hike 'tandav' that has made the common man's wallet literally dance crazily, is now capping a tenser situation.
With almost 18 times rise in the fuel price in the last month, the new hike in price in petrol by 41 paise has clinched the century wall in Assam as well.
In today’s date, price of petrol reached to Rs. 95.33 and diesel price rises to Rs 88.74.
The price of petrol increases to Rs 5 in a month, in the month of June the price of petrol, was Rs. 90.20 whereas diesel was at Rs. 85.23.
New List of the Petrol and Diesel price according to the district as follows:
- Kamrup- 95.81 (Petrol), 88.21 (Diesel)
- Baksa -95.59 (Petrol), 88.21 (Diesel)
- Cachar-96.17 (Petrol), 89.57 (Diesel)
- Bishwanath- 96.17 (Petrol), 89.57 (Diesel)
- Chirang-95.17 (Petrol),88.64 (Diesel)
- Karbi Anglong-96.82 (Petrol), 90.15 (Diesel)
- Dhubri-96.57 (Petrol, 89.91(Diesel)
- Jorhat-95.41 (Petrol), 89.21 (Diesel)
- Lakhimpur-97.18 (Petrol), 90.70 (Diesel)