Guwahati: State Health Minister Keshab Mahanta announced the new SOP in which he mentioned that seven districts will undergo complete lockdown for one week due to increase in covid caseloads in the past few days.
- Complete lockdown in seven districts of Assam for one week. The districts to undergo complete lockdown are - Goalpara, Jorhat, Sonitpur, Golaghat, Lakhimpur, Biswanath, Morigaon.
- Following districts to witness curfew from 2 pm onwards. Shops to close by 1pm - Sivasagar, Nalbari, Dibrugarh, Barpeta, Baksa, Nagaon, Hojai, Kokrajhar, Bajali, Cachar, Darrang, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Karimganj, and Karbi Anglong.
- Kamrup Metro, Charaideo, Dima Hasao, Dhubri, South Salmara, Majuli, Chirang, West Karbi Anglong to witness curfew hours from 5pm onwards.
- The Government will keep a close watch on on Dibrugarh and Sivasagar.
- 11 districts to go into curfew from evening 5 pm to next morning 5 am.
- Inter-district movement remains suspended like it's previous period.
- Emergency services barred from the above mentioned guidelines.
The SOP comes into effect from 7th July 2021 and shall continue to remain so until further notice