• Viral baby lifted over the fence by Marine at Kabul now lives happily in Phoenix

    Viral baby lifted over the fence by Marine at Kabul now lives happily in Phoenix

    According to local outlets, the viral video of a baby being handed over a barbed wire wall to an American soldier at the Kabul airport has been reunited with her family and is presently living a happy life in Arizona.

    Baby's father, Hameed, who was only identified by his first name for security purposes, was inside the margin of the Hamid Karzai International Airport when he found his wife and newborn amid the mass of individuals trying to leave Afghanistan.

    "That day, I gave over my baby to a total stranger," stated Hammed. "The only thing I trusted is that he was a Marine and that my girl would be protected."

    Also Read: Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu lands in Guwahati; inaugurates Heritage and Cultural Centre

    Marines were shot lifting the child from her father's arms and lifting her over the spiked wire to security in a heartbreaking flash that took the world's notice amid the US evacuations from the Taliban-controlled nation.

    As per sources, the family, including mother Sadia and eight-week-old Liya, is now safe and happy staying with colleagues in the Phoenix region.

    Hameed, a five-year Afghan soldier who served in Kabul as a linguist and cultural advisor for military officials, stated he spent the whole month of August in the Kabul airport serving the US with evacuations.

    Throughout the time, Hameed missed the birth of his daughter. His wife had a tough time while giving birth to their child. But pulling up the strength to leave her place as the Taliban approached the capital. By August 12, Hameed stated, it was obvious they would have to go.

    "We got intel that people were getting shot or going missing. By my connection [with the army], I knew my home would be next. It wasn't a matter of 'if,' but 'when,'" he said.

    On August 19, 2021, Sadia took her passport papers, some cash and a few belongings and went to the airport with baby , then just 16 days old.

    Sadia said that the Taliban had taken all of her belongings at a checkpoint. Sadia and her baby entered the chaos outside the small airport entrance. Hameed stated he was able to view them from his side of the wall.

    Also Read: 3 women athletes including Lovlina Borgohain poses for Vogue India cover

    "They were using water cannons and flashbangs to manage the crowd. Every time a crash went off, I could see my child begin crying and screaming. I couldn't do anything to help," Hameed said sadly.

    He saw the Taliban hit people in the crowd as people came through the ways with injured legs and other critical wounds. "I knew she'd never make it through. She'd be pressed to death, God prevents, or severely damaged," Hameed stated.

    Despairing, Hameed pointed out his child to a nearby marine and requested that he help her get over it.

    "He told me the only thing he could do was lift her over the barbed fence, but he said she'd be hurt," the dad remembered. "I told him I'll take the risk. I'd rather her get injured than die."

    Hameed can be seen holding down the marine's legs as he reaches over the fence and grasps the child. That was the first moment the father ever held his child. Two minutes later, he was ordered to return to work with the evacuations, the report stated.

    Even though they are safe now, the family was left without any identity proof. Sadia and Liya also require medical supervision. However, Hameed is unable to take them to consult a doctor without insurance, the report stated.

    Hameed said he wishes to meet the Marine officer who helped Liya to survive. "Oh my God. I'd hug him. He saved my daughter's life."