Guwahati: With the decrease in Covid 19 cases in the state, the Assam government issued new Standard operating procedures (SOP)s on Tuesday.
Assam Health and Family Welfare Minister Keshab Mahanta issued the latest guidelines through a press conference.
This new SOP will come into force from August 18, 2021, and continue until further notice.
The latest SOP guidelines announced by the Assam government are as follows:
- The curfew timing in the state has been relaxed by one hour. The curfew will be imposed from evening 7 pm to morning 5 am.
- All shops and business establishments and other markets will remain open till 6 pm.
- In terms of Inter-district movements, only private vehicles will be allowed.
- The inter-district movements in Kamrup Metro will remain suspended. (It means no vehicles will be allowed to enter Kamrup Metro, nor vehicles from the district could move outside the district.)
- Any function or marriage ceremony will entertain 25 people at the max.
- Twenty people will be allowed per hour to offer prayers in Kamakhya Temple. However, only those who have taken both doses of the Covid vaccine would enter the temple premises.
- All other religious places will allow ten people for prayers.
- In public gatherings and rallies, around 200 people will be allowed to perform.
- Hotels and restaurants will remain open with 50% of customer capacity.
- Cinema Halls will continue to remain close.
- The fully vaccinated air passengers will not undergo the Covid test at the airport. Instead, they have to show the certificate at the airport.
- The Odd/Even rule for vehicles has been lifted.
Leave A Comment