Guwahati: On Thursday, Education Minister Ranoj Pegu announced the Cabinet decision. The key decisions taken are -
- From September 20, physical classes of standard X will resume regularly. There will be 30 students in each class. All the schools must sanitize their premises before the beginning of the classes.
- Minister Parimal Suklabaidya said, “After the natural death of Rhinos we will store the horns. At present we have 2623 numbers of Rhino horns in our possessions. 50 Court cases are registered and 94 numbers of Rhino horns will be preserved. Moreover, we will destroy 2470 numbers of Rhino horns.”
- A new post of ‘Chief Engineer PWD building and Health’ will be created in the Public Works Department (PWD).
- For the Department of Water Resources government will release Rs. 98 crores from NABARD.
- In the Agricultural department, Joint Director and Deputy Director may continue their work efficiently for a year to get a promotion.
- From now onwards, the rickshaw pullers operating under GMC will be exempted from the license fees, and they need not have to go to the office for license verification; they can apply it online.
- Earlier, the previous government paid only 1.5 per cent of the 5 per cent promised benefit under ‘Pradhan Mantri fasal Bima Yojana’ (PMFBY). Now, the ruling government will pay a 2 per cent premium on behalf of the beneficiaries; as a result, it will pay a total of 3.5 per cent of the premium. For this, the government will sanction Rs. 389 crores.
- State holiday declared tomorrow on the occasion of Karam Puja.