--°C
Loading...
Listen to Article
2 min read
80%

Hong Kong: Nine people between the age group of 15 and 28, including six high school students were arrested by the Hong Kong police for allegedly plotting to set off homemade bombs in courts, tunnels, and trash cans.

Senior Superintendent of Police National Security Department Steve Li said, “Tuesday nine people between the age of 15 and 29 had been arrested, including six high school students, a high school employee and a university staff member.”

“(The) plans are shocking because it seems to target a lot of people. The alleged plot aimed to maximize damage to the society.” Li added.

Further, Li added that the suspect rented a hotel room in Tsim Sha Tsui, to make the explosives. The room has been rented since early June but the lab had only been recently set up.

Moreover, Li said that the suspects had the tools and materials used to make triacetone triperoxide (TATP).

TATP is a powerful high explosive that was used in the 2015 Paris bombings and the Brussels attacks in 2016.

The alleged bomb plot comes in the news when political tensions are rising in the city where China is tightening its grip.


FOLLOW US F
POPULAR
FEATURE
TRENDY
Priyanka Gandhi Holds Key Meetings in Assam on Day Two of Visit
Taralangso Lights Up as 52nd Karbi Youth Festival 2026 Concludes with Grand Musical Finale
Manipur MLA Praises CM Biren Singh’s ‘Sincere Efforts’ to Restore Peace Amid Ongoing Crisis
Theft in Jorhat: Showroom Burgled, iPhones and Cash Stolen; CCTV Footage Surfaces
Priyanka Gandhi Begins Two-Day Assam Visit with Packed Political Schedule in Guwahati
Ramadan 2026 Begins in India as Crescent Moon Is Sighted